Sunday, August 2, 2009

Formatting Adventures

I've noticed the days getting longer. When I go to umpire training its not quite as dark as it used to be. It hasn't warmed up any but it's getting there.

The last few weeks haven't proven interesting really. University continues to be as much fun as it sounds, although I was introduced to a new class format. As part of the JD program, I have to take at least 2 postgraduate courses, and this semester I'm taking Law of International Institutions (LAWS 8184) with the same professor who's teaching me Advanced International Law (LAWS 2264). Because most postgraduate courses are run for those who work or fly in from elsewhere, the format is 4 days of 09:00-17:00. That was last Thursday and Friday and the same will be repeated this Thursday and Friday. Following that, I have to submit a paper which will be worth 100%, not something I'm looking forward to. I hope that because I did a similar class back at NPSIA I'll have an advantage here. Other than that, so far so good. I will only have 2 final exams this year so I'm hoping I'll get those out of the way quickly and then have the summer to work at ACTTAB and travel if possible. I may even be having visitors from Canada.

Life outside university seems to be progressing. My friends and I had another DnD session recently where we managed to slay a difficult opponent. We're all riding a high at the moment and we can't wait for the next adventures. I'm hoping a little adventure will come my way soon too.

By the way, I've updated my previous post a bit so check to see if you've missed anything.

No comments: