Saturday, July 19, 2008

The Return

I wish I could report something of great interest, but I can't. This has been the week of anticipation as the last days of the inter-semester break wind to a close. In some ways, it would be easier if I was at school already but I am content to have these extra days. Tomorrow (Sunday), is the last day before classes start again and I can't help but wonder how this term will progress.

Although it seems so far away in 18 weeks that will no doubt fly by, my first year will be over. This takes account of 13 weeks of classes, 2 weeks of an intra-semester break and 3 weeks for exams. Admittedly, I may not have exams until the end of the 3-week period, but that only shortens the length of the 2nd semester. Also, sometime in August, a date which I have yet to determine, I will have spent more time away from Ottawa than on any previous occasion. My record, currently stands at 210 days from the last time I studied in Australia. I look forward to seeing the weather warm in the later weeks of the semester as Australia moves into its late spring. If I'm lucky, I may even get to spend the summer down here.

You may have noticed that I have added some photographs to previous posts. I have not yet sorted through my Melbourne photos to see which I should post, but stay tuned as they will come up eventually.

No comments: