Sunday, October 19, 2008

The Flight Home

I got up around 04:00 that morning and woke my brother to thank him for his hospitality and companionship. We'd both had a great time travelling south and maybe we'll do something similar in the future. He's not in New Zealand for too much longer so maybe I should start planning our next trip.

Our flight took off on time just after dawn. Although I had missed the Southern Alps on the way over, I was in for a special treat as the peaks were illuminated red by the rising sun. I managed to get some pictures as we flew over them.

I arrived in Australia on time and without incident. As I had nothing to declare, I was whisked through the express customs line, much to my relief. At the airport I caught the bus back to Canberra and arrived around 13:00.
I'm very happy with my trip. I managed to get out of Canberra for a much needed vacation before the pressures of the exam season really begin to set in. I saw a country which I find fascinating and a part of it which I had never seen before. I guess I'd broadened my horizons just a little bit. If you can say that about a trip, it can't have been bad.


No comments: