Sunday, August 9, 2009

The Case of Humans vs. Zombies

For most of the week ANU has been in the grips of a zombie infestation. Apparently, Humans vs. Zombies is a popular role-playing game around American universities. Essentially people get placed on human or zombie teams and then go on missions. If a human is touched by a zombie, they become zombies. Although zombies cannot be killed, they can be stunned for 15 minutes by being hit with either a nerf dart or some socks. The game ran across campus and in the residences starting Wednesday and ending last Saturday. The Zombies won by infecting all of the human players. It sounds like so much fun and I couldn't play only because I didn't hear about it until late. Next year, if they're still running it, I'll buy some night vision goggles for the night missions.

Thursday and Friday were the last 2 days of my intensive postgraduate course. We had some interesting guest speakers who spoke of APEC, ASEAN and the Human Rights Council. Now comes the interesting part of trying to write a great paper. The professor assures us it isn't hard but I'm not so sure.

This evening I went to a laser tag facility called Zone 3 in Belconnen. This was a joint venture between our floor and the residents of the floor below us. We had an enormous amount of fun shooting each other and I fared fairly well. A nice escape from the usual drudgery.

I'd also just like to point out that I gained about 8kg from my Canadian trip and now I'm busy trying to shed that weight. That's the last time I accept to eat so much without the weather favouring bicycle riding.

No comments: