Friday, April 2, 2010

Big Wins

As I'll be in New Zealand for the next 2 weeks, travelling around with my brother, I might as well post an update today. Luckily I finished the assignment I needed to so it means no working vacation; I'll get to relax as much as possible. In other good news, there have been some big wins in my world recently.

A few days ago the ANU team won the Jessup Moot, the World Cup of international law moots. It was held in Washington, DC this year and the ANU team took the championship. Naturally, the law school and the university have taken full advantage of this and I am sure that the winning team will be lauded as heroes when they return. An acquaintance of mine, Rohan Kapur, was on the winning team. I guess they deserve congratulations.

The other big win was Fenner Hall winning the Interhall Trivia Competition, again. This makes it 4 or 5 years in a row, I think, though one year we tied with John's College. They way it worked this year was that each college had 3 teams and each college's team's score would be added up to find the winner. Each individual team that won would also receive prizes. The topics were geography, history, famous faces, science, literature, sports and entertainment. Each team selected their "lightning round", the round in which correct answers were worth double. My team, Fenner 2, selected geography, the first round, and a good thing too. We answered all questions correctly including the one with the number of Canadian time zones, which, I'm sorry to say, I nearly got wrong but I caught myself almost immediately. The other Fenner teams did extremely well too and the final tally proved interesting. Fenner 3 tied with another college for third place while Fenner 2 and 1 tied for first! With 3 of the top 4 teams from Fenner, it came as no surprise that we won the competition. We're still the smartest residence, either despite or because were are off campus. Hopefully this wasn't my last trivia night but I'll have to see how my GDLP goes. Maybe I'll be able to get one more in.

No comments: