Sunday, June 29, 2008

As Time Goes By

One of the pitfalls of publishing a blog at the end of every week, or as near as one can get, is that, sometimes, events of the past week are forgotten. As someone pointed out in a comment, I forgot to mention the end of semester party that was hosted by Kate and Matt, 2 other JDs. It was great way to release some tension following a few intense weeks of studying and exams. Similarly, yesterday I attended the housewarming hosted by another JD, Sam, and his sister. There were many people there, not only JDs, and we had pie and cake.

I've found myself staying around Fenner Hall during this vacation time. I had expected there to be more people around making for a livelier atmosphere, but as so many people have gone home for the break, it's actually pretty quiet. It's not entirely unpleasant to have some stress-free weeks with few people around. I've managed to finalize some travel plans of my own, though and next week I'll be in Melbourne visiting some family and friends. The last time I was in that city was nearly 3 years ago and I'm anxious to see everyone again.

One upcoming event that I am looking forward to is Canada Day this Tuesday. While it won't be celebrated in Australia in general, I'm told there is a Canadian pub somewhere in Civic which I shall try to find. Obviously, here Canada Day is a winter-time event and I'm looking forward to what sort of activities are planned.

In any event, I've got some plans for the break, more movies on my hard drive than you could shake a wombat at and goal umpiring for the next little while. I think I'm OK to enjoy this respite.

No comments: