Sunday, June 7, 2009

Reminding

Lectures have ended and now comes the true test of one's mettle --- exam season. The exams have set upon me as a flock of ravenous vultures. All lecturing has ceased, all assignments are in and all bets are off. The best anyone can do in this situation is their best and hope for the best. Luckily, 2 of my 4 exams are take-home which doesn't make them any easier necessarily, but it does give more time for reflection. Almost as luckily, exams at law school are open-book unless otherwise specified but none of mine are, so that takes away from the stress as well, but only slightly. I guess all I can do is study like mad and hope that I come up with the right answers, although in law there are no such things.

Speaking of exams, I had another dream involving administrative law. This one dealt with a fictitious administrative law exam that was being administered orally; I only wish. Taken with my previous dream a few weeks ago, I think I've got admin on the mind. It's actually quite sad that I dream of these things, although I did have another dream where I was piloting a plane that had been lost on radar but still had radio communications. We ended up landing on Cranbourne Avenue is Sydney, which doesn't exist as far as I know. All I can say is bizarre.

With the onset of winter, the weather has taken a decidedly gray countenance. It's been fairly chilly for the last few days and there's even been some rain. This is good news for the reservoirs but it doesn't help the mood, especially when you're cooped up studying. It'll remain like this for a few days and then it's supposed to clear up but without an increase in temperatures. As I'll be in Canada for a good part of July, hopefully, I'll miss the coldest time of the year, but I doubt I'm that lucky.

And finally a question of semantics. Can some place remind you of somewhere you've never been? I've had a few occasions to travel by bus to Tuggeranong, a division in the south of Canberra. The hills make me think of Switzerland and I've found myself telling people that it "reminds" me of Switzerland. I have never been to Switzerland. That being the case, can the view remind me of some place I've never actually seen for myself? Oh, the questions I think up when I've got too much time on my hands.

I've decided to post some pictures of night fog in Canberra. Fog seems to be a regular occurrence this time of year.







No comments: