Monday, May 24, 2010

The Greatest Invention

If I asked you what the greatest invention of all time was, many of you would answer the wheel. Personally, I think the printing press takes the cake but there's no doubting the importance of the wheel. But if you think about it, it wasn't the wheel that was the greatest invention but the second wheel.

Keeping that in mind, and all that the wheel allows us to do, I got in contact with someone to buy a new used bicycle. It's a little older but the price was right, $100, and that included a brand new bike lock and light. Already I've felt the difference as this bike is lighter and the wheels seem to flow more easily. Also, the breaks and the gear shift actually work, or should I say worked. The other day I was biking along and as I shifted down the jockey wheel (the little wheel at the back) got caught in the spokes, or so I guess, and the torque completely ripped the jockey wheel out of its position and bent the chain as well. Needless to say, this will require some repair but the parts aren't particularly expensive. It shouldn't be too hard to fix. I don't think there's any way to avoid this type of accident except caution.

There really isn't much else to write about.

1 comment:

Bengoshi said...

Hooray for Gutenberg! (not Steve) Voted #1 on the various "most influential people" lists of the second millennium.